Friday, February 9, 2018

Keep Shooting, Keep Working

Another day in the world with the camera.  No plans.  No direction.  Just bringing the camera along to record what I see.  Working with no expectations other than to depress the shutter button on the camera a few times. 

State College, Pennsylvania is cold and gloomy.  The older I get, the more dramatic the effect of little sunlight and cold temperatures plays on body and mind.

Everything appears dingy to me.  At least when I look at the photographs.  In my mind that's not the case. I imagine things a bit brighter.  Hope springs eternal.

Uncertain the reasons, but alley ways hold a special attraction.  Perhaps because I'm more likely to find the unvarnished effects of human activity there.  Secrets and bad behavior.

The sun is setting farther south on the horizon.  That, along with the ever lengthening days, has begun to lessen the adverse effects of winter.  The camera helps identify those changes.  I would not have noticed the change in position of the sun.

Abigail at the Pennsylvania Military Museum in Boalsburg, Pennsylvania.  I've photographed this tank dozens of times.  Each visit it feels a little different.

I'll keep working.  Not try.  I will pick up the camera and make exposures.  Time to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment