Sunday, May 29, 2016

Flowing Through the Day

 Camera with me, first groan of day, a look at nothing but sleep and blur without glasses.  This is where it begins. Some days are remarkably the same.  Others remarkably different.  I've made this photograph before with much the same thoughts.


As the day fades I see reminders of things past.  And people.  Tom once in the news.  Worked with his father Bill.  It was a long time ago.  The camera keeps me asking, "Where did the days go?".

So far, no answers.

2 comments:

  1. There is a lot to see in the first photo---I didn't catch the little Jesus at first look. The mood resonates with me. But, visually, the image feels more hopeful to me than the description. Maybe it's the bright light. I like seeing the walls covered with your photos, something I haven't done here.
    The colors of the second set the mood well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crucifix belonged to my great grandmother -- a carved piece from Germany. I need to put it up on the wall.

    In the morning as the light flows in the room has an odd feel to it and I'm sure all the "stuff" around affects the feeling. Marie Kondo would have something to say about it.

    I went back and forth on the second one between color and black and white. Ended up feeling the color had a bit more power primarily because of the warm glow at the skyline.

    Stone orchards attract me like moths to a flame. Perhaps because my mother used to drag me through them in Europe as a kid. They're like fascinating history texts.

    Not sure where I'm going with the camera these days. Everything is just an unrelated, eclectic collection of images. No direction or drive save for the things I do with Scooter in the Sticks.

    Maybe it's my creative focus and I keep denying it...

    ReplyDelete